Wednesday, June 30

Restoring a House in the City

This is a book I've been wanting to get my paws on for a long time: Restoring a House in the City by former House & Garden editor, Ingrid Abramovitch. It's all about renovating one of my favourite types of building: the New York Brownstone. These are the images off her website, and I've posted some sample spreads from the book at the end of the post. The photography is by the one and only Brian Park. Makes me wish I had a house in New York City to renovate!
all images from Ingrid Abramovitch

2 comments:

  1. Love the dusty-orange bedroom and the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I just moved into a brand spanking new place that is in desperate need of some character. I want to combine some old with the new and, while it will never look like a Brownstone, this is a real feast for the eyes and it gives me some more ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - please leave a comment if you feel inspired!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails